We blessed Kate at home because it was hard finding a Fast Sunday where all the family could make it to Sacrament meeting. I was nervous about it, because Jeff's family is large and so is mine. I didn't know how we were going to fit everyone in our tiny house. As it turns out, not many family members could come, so the house wasn't too crowded. I really enjoyed talking with everyone. It was so quaint and I loved the feeling in our home. When they blessed Kate, the kids, Molly and Gabe, made their way through the men's feet and laid on the floor, looking up at Kate being blessed. That definitely wouldn't have happened at church. I would love to do a baby blessing again, in my own home. It was so peaceful.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Kate's special day
We blessed Kate at home because it was hard finding a Fast Sunday where all the family could make it to Sacrament meeting. I was nervous about it, because Jeff's family is large and so is mine. I didn't know how we were going to fit everyone in our tiny house. As it turns out, not many family members could come, so the house wasn't too crowded. I really enjoyed talking with everyone. It was so quaint and I loved the feeling in our home. When they blessed Kate, the kids, Molly and Gabe, made their way through the men's feet and laid on the floor, looking up at Kate being blessed. That definitely wouldn't have happened at church. I would love to do a baby blessing again, in my own home. It was so peaceful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She is so cute! I love the hair and the daisy headband! I am hoping my baby has lots of dark hair this time...I sure have the heartburn for it. She is a beautiful baby!
She is a doll! We did Hallie's blessing at home too. I liked it a lot better that way. It's a lot more personal.
-Laura
Wow - Kate is SO cute! and your twins are getting so big! I'm glad I linked to your blog thru Tallie's. Looks like you're doing great - hopefully I'll see you at work one day!
Post a Comment